To celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day, DCT produced six videos with Captain BJ along with activity sheets to get you familiar with the lingo. Check them out, mateys!
Doubloon, Blimey, Daft, Crow’s nest, Bellowed
Yonder, Heave, Husky, Affy-davy or Davy, Marooned
Shiver me timbers, Batten, Hash, Scoundrel, Jove
Eyeglass, Mast, Vessel, Farthing, Rogue
Shirking, Lubber, Belay, Port, Berth
Starboard, Galley, Crackie, Huzza, Naught
TREASURE ISLAND Reimagined!
Adapted for the stage by Katy Tye, Jeffrey Colangelo, and Robyn Flatt
Based on the book by Robert Louis Stevenson
September 23 – October 21, 2018
Recommended for ages 7 and up
Friendship, betrayal, and adventure are front and center in this bold world premiere! And Jim Hawkins, Ben Gunn, and Long John Silver will do just about anything to be the first to claim the buried treasure. From the moment you enter the theater, you’ll find yourself in the middle of the action. Step into a world of dramatic sword fights, thrilling acrobatics, and magical shadow puppetry as Dallas Children’s Theater, Prism Movement Theatre, Kathy Burks Theatre of Puppetry Arts, and Lone Star Circus® come together to present a wildly original version of this iconic tale. Grab your costume and come aboard our ship. Your help is needed to decide who gets to take home the gold!
- Sunday, September 23, 1:30 PM – Opening Day
- Sunday, September 23, 4:30 PM
- Friday, September 28, 7:30 PM
- Saturday, September 29, 1:30 PM
- Sunday, September 30, 1:30 PM
- Sunday, September 30, 4:30 (ASL)
- Saturday, October 6, 1:30 PM
- Sunday, October 7, 1:30 PM
- Sunday, October 7, 4:30 PM
- Saturday, October 13, 1:30 PM (Sensory-Friendly)(Phone orders only. See dct.org/sensory for details)
- Saturday, October 13, 4:30 PM
- Sunday, October 14, 1:30 PM
- Sunday, October 14, 4:30 PM
- Saturday, October 20, 1:30 PM
- Sunday, October 21, 1:30 PM
- Sunday, October 21, 4:30 PM
To purchase tickets and obtain more information about the show, visit dct.org, or call the Box Office at 214-740-0051.
TITLE SPONSORS: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema and Half Price Books
Photo by: Linda Blase